The detailed instruction manual Download instructions manual
Below you will find essential information for using your waffle iron. More detailed information can be found in the “instruction manual” via the link above.
Good to know
To use your waffle iron in the best and safest possible way, please take note of the following:
- AMPI waffle irons are designed for professional use.
- Prepare a work surface suitable for your model of waffle iron. Given the weight of a waffle iron, ensure that your work surface is stable and does not keep moving.
- When handling the waffle iron, use the handles to avoid any contact with hot surfaces.
- Below are the values of the different positions.
Each position corresponds to 30 degrees Celsius (°C), or 86 degrees Fahrenheit ( (°F), as follows:
- Position 1 : 30°C – 86°F
- Position 2 : 60°C – 140°F
- Position 3 : 90°C – 194°F
- Position 4 : 120°C – 248°F
- Position 5 : 150°C – 302°F
- Position 6 : 180°C – 356°F
- Position 7 : 210°C – 410°F
- Position 8 : 240°C – 464°F
- Position 9 : 270°C – 518°F
- Position 10 : 300°C – 572°F
Before using for the first time
- Check that the voltage indicated on the appliance is suitable for your installation (230V or 110V depending on your country).
- Fit the handles (depending on the model, this may already have been done). Always check that these are fitted securely.
- Remove the protective plastic film from the trays and stainless steel parts.
- For models beginning 522xx: fit the drip trays under the waffle iron and insert the system Z to block the opening.
The AMPI waffle iron must always be “over-heated”, please follow the following procedure:
Warning: Ensure that you perform this task in a well ventilated area.
When setting up and using for the first time, the appliance may produce smoke, which is normal.
- Using a silicon brush, grease all the blocks with cooking oil as well as the inside edges of the cast iron.
- Close the waffle iron using the handles.
- Plug the waffle iron into the mains.
- Turn the switch on and set the temperature to the maximum position (10 – 300°C). When this temperature has been reached, leave it to heat for about 60 minutes. Grease again several times with a thin layer.
- Leave the waffle iron open to let cool. While cooling, some surfaces may still be hot. Take care not to burn yourself. The cast iron will then be covered by a thin film of grease.
- Use a batter containing a mixture of flour and water only to cook a few “waffles” to clean the waffle iron. These waffles will be blackened with dirt.
- After cleaning, grease the waffle iron again before using the normal batter.
After each use
- Unplug the cable from the electric socket.
- Leave the waffle iron open to help it cool. While cooling, some surfaces may still be hot. Take care not to burn yourself.
- Once cooled, closed the waffle iron.
Cleaning your AMPI waffle iron
There is no recommended frequency for cleaning your waffle iron. How often you clean it depends on how regularly you use it, which may or may not be intensively. Make sure that you do not leave any burnt-on food in the gaps between the blocks, which can be harmful to your health.
- Silicon brush
- Cooking oil
We recommend that you clean your waffle iron when it is still hot (after the last use of the day). Cleaning it while hot will create smoke. Ensure that you perform this task in a well ventilated area. Never immerse your waffle iron in water or any other liquid.
- When your waffle iron is still hot, switch it into the highest position (position 10 – 300°C = pyrolysis system). When this temperature has been reached, leave it to heat for about 60 minutes to burn-off residues.
- Switch off the waffle iron and remove the plug from the socket.
- While it is still warm, brush the waffle iron with a rotary nylon brush.
- Leave the waffle iron open to cool (while cooling, some surfaces may still be hot). Take care not to burn yourself.
- Using a silicon brush, lightly grease all the blocks with cooking oil as well as the inside edges of the cast iron.
- Lift the stainless steel drip trays and remove them. Clean the drip trays with water.